A blog post of laughter material

last nite after 10 stopped talking with ppl on msn and all resolved to do sum thesis writing... but no... a lil forward from alice ruined it all... >_< Its a forward of pictures of bad english from fob countries. lol so spent a whole hr around midnite last nite looking thru the whole website of engrish pictures... and laughing till my stomach hurted...(was still hurting 2day when i woke up)
and went to koorong today after work, initiated from this interesting promise i made to God a week ago. well last week or so I was struck down with a very bad sinus problem... voice completely gone and it became apparent that i was being silly for holding up and not seeing a doctor. and my very reason for not seeing a doctor was that: I was still in the process of applying a Health care card after stupid centrelink ppl accidentally cancelled it... >_<
if u r rich and dun noe wat a health care card can do...lol well it lets u get more than 50% discount on medication, and also concession on transport too...
so yes my reason for doctorphobia was in fact being cheap and not wanting to pay 13 bucks or so for miserable antibiotics, which, unlike food, could not make me happy. lol

well then came my lil promise to God one nite praying out of sickness: Lord if u let me free from seeing a doctor... I will buy Wild at Heart for you to give to a friend to read... with the antibiotics money...
yes it is a sad and faithless prayer... but the Lord answered that. a pastor with healing gifts arrived at yth grp when i was in the most sick and prostrate state... and on the next day miraculous started to feel better. so a week later, was going to Koorong to get the book.

and i think i better explain wat is "Wild at Heart"
maybe the tagline under that title is self-explanatory: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul.
yes, as in proper male "man", not "man" meaning overall mankind.
How did I come across reading this book? while was doing library catalogue for youth group and this book jumped to my eye so I grabbed it and read...
yes i am this desperate and read a book about men...
but yes it did keep me entertained and gave me some inspirations too(although i think they were intended for "men"...*sweat*)such as finding courage because our Lord is also a courageous warrior... very powerful words for sumone like me who have no courage at all.>_<
and as i read... realised this book is so good for a friend who usually can get offended by Christian stuff... cos it just spoke from down-to-earth and appealed to basic human courage and passion.
but for quite a while still wasn't sure enuf whether i could be bothered to spend this money on a book about "men"... and especially buy it not for myself at all, but for this friend(or friends) to read...
but yes fear of the antibiotics expense prompted me to make this promise to God.lol

and here it was, in koorong, price just the amount I would have to spend on antibiotics.
and while in koorong bought another book, which also kind of jumped to my eye and yelled at me to grab it...
and this one has an even better title and tagline:
Loves Me, Loves Me Not
The Ethics of Unrequitted Love
lol... reading thru it after i got home... so brilliant and honest... was laughing as much as what i did for engrish last nite...

2 of the brilliant questions asked by the book and answered:
What are the appropraite reasons for turning down romantic advances from someone? Is it appropriate to reject a person because I am afraid? Because the person does not measure up to a list of qualification I have developed? Because I am not attracted to that person's appearance? Do I ever need a reason?

If I have been rejected? am I obligated to get over my attraction to the person who rejected me? Is it neurotic to keep loving someone who has turned me down?


nice yeh? how many books actually talk abt such things?

and my favourite pic from engrish:

2 comments:

FLuFFy_BuG 8:32 PM  

hey yn ;p was that the book you have told me abt at some stage before?!? (the wild at heart one) or was it some1 else who told me abt it?!? probably sounds like sth interesting for me to read sometime - was meaning to make some time to go to koorong myself this week, maybe thurs or fri...

books like that - and the second book too (actually, especially the second book) - deal with very important and really relevant questions to such a wide audience today... i think it's important to know what's the right thing in life, in love, and that these decisions should be carefully considered... i feel it sometimes, that there are ppl out there who are really afraid to say "no", or who depend on false hope and false promise too much, and end up jus getting into trouble... or sometimes not necessarily trouble - but simply an unfulfilling relationship, and all the person wants is to get out of it... in the end, we depend on God fully for our joy... but this also doesn't mean that ppl should "settle" or "subject" themselves to making a choice they don't feel is right...

anywayz - thx heaps for the engrish link ;p love the pic! acid food, lol!

SS 2:23 AM  

Hey, interesting blog post. :-)
The healing story is cool, I've never had any experiences like that, of pple with healing gifts or whatever... thanks to God that you're better!

The 2 questions you mention sound really interesting. I have a friend who I think might benefit by it. Though, I still think that it's always permissible to turn down romantic advances, whatever your reason - even if it's a bad reason like they're ugly, if that's going to stop you loving them and fulfilling your part in a relationship, then it's not right for you to enter into it. I don't know what the book says, but that's what I think, at least right now.

Love the Engrish... is it really crab ovaries pple are eating... ergh

Sally

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.