little things

on thursday we had a 13-hr day driving included...
that night i had a really beautiful dream.
first i was at church eating after-service refreshments: homemade cookies dripping with chocolate sauce.
then i went to lunch at a hotpot place, i ate hotpot & drank soup from a reali yummy chicken claypot.
then some friends came to me and dragged me to a reali huge bookshop, with a sea of mangas, chinese & english novels. Lots of friends were walking around. and i was under the impression I could spend my whole day there, reading & catching up with friends.
wen i woke up i didn't reali want to wake up, but after i wake up i was still happy, just like all these things has actually happened. ^_____^

i can get really scared & depressed talking to very persuasive & firm ppl.
hence usually a 99% avoidance.
these days i try to go along abit more with my spotaneous thoughts, and take up some courage to overcome a few of my own weaknesses.
but i guess one problem is that: i am very firm in my own sense, and it is an irritable burning pain wen my own sense of logic has no room to be accepted.
but I don't have to be rite.
It is not because when I am rite, then His Words become rite.
it is not because He is rite, then I could use it to prove that I am rite.
cos He is rite even when no one is rite.

i remember myself in one of those horrid states wen I think He wants to make bad things happen in my life and my heart becomes very rebellious.
but I think God's love has a postive likelihood ratio of infinity.
so there are no false positives---ie. its impossible for one to believe in God & His love & down the track eventually discover that this is not the case and after all He doesn't reali care about me.
there are only false negatives---wen one believes in one's own mind that He doesn't love, but the fact is that He really does, and He always does.
i dun understand EBP that well, maybe someone can help in refining the analogy. ^____^

2 comments:

Anonymous 10:29 PM  

"For God works all things for the good of those who love him". So the Bible says.. so it must be true. For as God is he can not lie, and as such the Word is a promise.

It's pretty hard to remember that sometimes huh?? Even harder to believe it.. I guess the only thing you can do is look back at the bad things that happened in your life... and see the good that came out of them... and if nothing good did... believe that it all will in the future :)

EBP??

You know Tiffiny yeah?? Who ARE you?? Haha Ie... what's your name?

Your dreams are cool aS! My favourite dream was climbing a huge tree (think size ratio of the tree from Bug's Life) and surfing down on the leaves.

FLuFFy_BuG 12:36 AM  

thanx for sharing your blog yn... ;p (and for commenting on mine!)

i jus guess we all ought to remember that God is our rock and our salvation... apart from Him, nothing lives or moves or breathes... it can seem in this world that we are at the mercy of the systems and power structures that are established around us - but the truth is that all these are subject to an even greater authority, God...

remember when Jesus stood before pilate? his reminder to the roman judge was that his authority would not be so, if it were not given by God in the first place...

so, yah, we should all be confident in the face of adversity, because God is in control ;p and His love rolls on like a never-failing stream!

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.