wander restlessly

There are always a few things you would not learn to appreciate until you are older. Fixing life and values too early prob is not a great idea...sometimes.

I never liked A Dream of Red Mansions before 25yo despite having read the book at least 7-8 times when i was half that age. After all it was the easiest one to read out of the big four. When i was young i despised romances and preferred stimulation from fighting, heros, smart people getting their ways etc etc.
I think I have finally reached the age to start gasping at the beautiful nuances, the intensely complex structure, the endearing personalities...
...and appreciating the costly lifelong effort that was solely invested in this book.

I have been reading Nietzsche quotes... think I got instantly attracted by this:

"Of all that is written I love only that which is written with blood. Write with blood: and you will discover that blood is spirit."
Just... impressive.

Though I prob love Rilke more. Thinking about the following lines can always stir up so much emotion inside me~ never knew why. hmmm... the power of poetry? LOL

Who now has no house, builds no more.
Who is now alone, will long remain so,
will stay awake, read, write long letters
and will wander restlessly here and there
in the avenues, when the leaves drift.

1 comments:

Anonymous 9:25 AM  

i like reading your blog
even though i dunno whats going on
but to know that you have a strong interest in SOMEthing - somehow that encourages me :-)

TIFF

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.