old friends...and my fav christian ojisan writers2

look here~
a month or so ago, that psych reg who's such a star to me, has become my college supervisor. pity (really a pity) that she's only doing 10% of the clinical supervision.

I am still happy. as a consultant she's even more of a star to me, esp now that I have her exclusively to myself one hour every week for talking purposes. *all hearts and flowers*

but I am anxious at the same time. she's so smart, and good at what she does. I find her easily one of the brightest psychiatrists around. I want to be good too, and not so clumsy. I hope she's not burdened b/c her registrar is not so bright etc but maybe its unavoidable... :( *sigh*

on a lighter note I met the happy blob of a rehab reg again. look here. though I was CL regging for his ward, b/c he's around (and demanded very little) I still felt like a resident sometimes... sadly,  he never reverted back to a Keanu but is still a happy blob. I think that's...hmm...irreversible. :(
once I heard him in a bonding chat with his current resident and it started off as:
"why are you so pessimistic?"
had a good chuckle to myself in the corner while the bonding was happening. look here.
LOL! its not us! its you!!!

looking bk to old posts reminded me of where this whole fav Christian ojisan writers thing all started. while I was so at home in the role of the gd old pessimistic rehab resident, I met this book:
I'm Fine with God... It's Christians I Can't Stand by Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz
it has a stick figure video ad... lol I think the book itself is ten times funnier and more insightful than the ad.



The title was so harsh now when I read it I still cringe a bit, but it came during a time when I felt so uncomfortable with myself and my environment and thought unless I lie through my teeth about how I feel and think there was no way for me stay on as a meaningful christian.

out of the apparent harshness, these 2 kind ojisans spoke the kind words of acknowledgement (I still don't understand why is it so hard in our midst).
it was eye opening, and I really think it is redeeming, to see our madness as madness, and our stupidity as stupidity.

and God worked through all that and held a firm grip on the hand that was (almost) going to throw in the towel.  

much has changed about my environment since then, and I have since found many more sources to draw strength from, most much gentler, but this book and its tough humour still have much of my respect. back then I was yet to read Prof Schaap, or Adrian Plass. I've kind of read things by Mark Galli but have forgotten him for a while. I was yet to have those two memorable rotations at work with people's candid words and memorable deeds. and I really couldn't remember much about Masha during that period but I think he was having one bad hairstyle after another then and I wasn't particularly happy with him... -_-|||

it reminds me that even when the important people and things are not around (or arrive a step late), there are still angels.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.