Remembering Marie A.

Haven't blogged for a while, but finally found some time today. Friday morning is pretty much my full-on not working only playing around day. (other days not much work done either... just not so full-on having fun)
Being quite busy this week... due to some unpleasant problems. But i guess when one aspect of things goes too disastrous u naturally go into a self-protective mode and tune out majorly on that part and won't think much about it. It isn't a bad thing to do when u seriously don't have a solution to the problem.
Writing is really good medicine. when i sit in front of my story my brain can almost shun away everything else and just concentrate on that. Wish I can do that with my actual uni work...
so yes added another approx 10000 words to it.. now the count is 82000 something... i hav a feeling it will reach 100000...
i guess it reali helps me to make the decision that i won't abandon writing in my life in the future...
how did it start?
to be honest i think it really started from this blog... for once i realised that the many thoughts in my brain actually sound interesting if i put them down.. and ppl actually want to read it... and that i hardly ever lose enthusiasm on it... one of the very very few things in life that i can actually perservere...
so yes finally sent the 1st 5 chapters to a website, posted the 1st chapter on a discussion forum... if interested u can check my chinese blog sometime soon... mite post it there as well...
very silly slamdunk story.. but i love it... i think its reali cool.
but i know my skill is quite poor..... so for quality reading, i will recommend a masterpiece I read this week. So touched in the end... growing up can be this beautiful.
its also a slamdunk fanfic.. but you can just read it as a growing up story.
titled Marie Marie
can read it here:
http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=26290281
or here:
http://www.52sd.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=49&ID=2686&page=1

because of the story, i went online and searched madly for Bertolt Brecht's poems... then can't find it... and then the next day went up all the way to Baillieu second floor's dusty shelfs to get the poetry collection from 1976...
and there it is, the beautiful poem:

Remembering Marie A.

It was a day in that blue month September
Silent beneath a plum tree's slender shade
I held her there, my love so pale and silent
As if she were a dream that must not fade.
Above us in the shining summer heaven
There was a cloud my eyes dwelt long upon
It was quite white and very high above us
Then I looked up, and found that it had gone.

And since that day so many moons, in silence
Have swum across the sky and gone below.
The plum trees surely have been chopped for firewood
And if you ask, how does that love seem now?
I must admit: I really can't remember
And yet I know what you are trying to say.
But what her face was like I know no longer
I only know: I kissed it on that day.

As for the kiss, I'd long ago forgot it
But for the cloud that floated in the sky
I know that still, and shall for ever know it
It was quite white and moved in very high.
It may be that the plum trees still are blooming
That woman's seventh child may now be there
And yet that cloud had only bloomed for minutes
When i looked up, it vanished on the air.

1 comments:

Anonymous 4:43 PM  

I think your blog is getting spammed....

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.