movies

Apparently many friends in china & the US hav already seen 300.
i remember the Epigraph at Thermopylae as i knew of:

O stranger, bring the Spartans word, that here,
Obedient thus to their command, we lie.

beautiful words.
any translation less classic just... won't do...

so.. the point is... I want to see 300.
I hope its still showing wen my real holiday comes...
yi qiu told me instead of 300 there was only 18... i din noe whether she was joking or i am just too ignorant in grecian history...
and i doubt anyone will watch it with me... (especially irene, who prob runs away at hearing the plot ^______^)

i remember a funny conversation btw motoko & batou in SAC:
Batou: thats the movie you want to see. do you want to go and see it together sometimes?
Motoko: no.
Batou(shocked): why not?
Motoko: if its a movie I like very much, I prefer to watch it just on my own.
Batou: then...what about movies you don't "like very much"? we can see one of those.
Motoko: then it won't be necessary to go and see a movie I don't like anyway.

^______^
this is very true...

but reminds me, wen the real holiday comes, I also want to drag alison to see Amazing Grace with me...
I am sure she will gladly join me, on hearing the familiar names: Ioan Gruffudd, Romola Garai, Rufus Sewell...
bring back fond memories of those shows we loved: the Forsyte Saga, Charles II, and of course...Daniel Deronda...

and of course, fluffy bug got the rite answer. Yay! ^________^
in KOH, King Baldwin IV of Jerusalem said those beautiful words.
one of my biggest regret in life is not seeing Kingdom of Heaven on big screen...
in short, the king from KOH is a very very attractive man.
its rare to find such an attractive character in movies.


well enuf of movies...
let prospective plans for the real holiday motivate me...

2 comments:

Anonymous 10:35 PM  

er what is 300? sorry...TIFF

Unknown 9:30 PM  

Oh YN...i'm so excited about seeing Amazing Grace with you....did u know that ABC is currently showing North and South again on Sat nites? The only thing that would make me more excited about seeing AG would be John Thornton instead of Bosinney! On second viewing, Mr. Thorton is really tall, even taller than Wanwan. How sad was it when he got rejected by Margaret and then starts brooding? I was ready to throw stuff at the TV, even knowing the ultimate outcome...ah he's quite droolworthy.

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.