1 John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
Today I had a good time tidying up my past church pamphlets. and also had some quality devotional times: read commentary on 1 John chapter 1. 1 John 1:9 is one of the few verses i learnt by heart, read it countless times.. but 2day, i received new insights. PTL! I tend to focus solely on the forgiveness part...and it seems quite obvious that God is 'faithful' and so He forgives. I had always overlooked the part that says 'just'. only 2day i realised: normally when u say just.. u would assume it refers to God's judgement.. but no: GOD IS JUST, WHEN HE FORGIVES TOO. Forgiveness is also the reflection of fairness.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.