A day of pulling strings 2gether

It is such a good feeling that nowadays i can spend more time on the Bible. Opened the book of NT commentary again, and went straight to Revelation this time... certain parts of it are realli amazing... like the 7 promises with the 7 churches... never noticed it before...
Still remember the days when i first opened a Bible and decided to seriously look at it.....seemed every now and then a verse would jump into my eye and enlighten me. Nowadays i must confess that i just felt it seldom happens... If i read any passage without the aid of study bible or commentary it simply feels like a story... perhaps its due to the fact that last semester i've been mainly focusing on the Old Testament, and passages like skin diseases from Leviticus may not be so related to our lives now... but if there is any part of me going apathetic i do hope to revive a godly passion again. ^^
Has not been so keen about my English blog these days...... probably because i am kind of forcing myself to write in the Chinese blog first... It is bad every time i read books and have so many thoughts in my head and do nothing about them... so decided to at least release them somewhere.
Today was informed by mum, in my rather impoverished state, that i am still in possession of 2 $50 Myer vouchers... And she... suggested me to go shopping.......... (she still doesn't know about the 2 committee meetings this weekend... *sweat*) So i thought why not, since she actually recommended it and i have money to spend...
so yep , spent whole morning in the city... shopping. Found some presents, got myself a pair of espirit pants... and went again to readers' feast to grab Matthew Pearl's Dantes Club... a book i have always wanted since last year. Finally made the decision to buy it.... So happy!

5 comments:

SS 10:11 PM  

Ooh I never knew you had a Chinese blog? Where is your Chinese blog?

YN 10:38 PM  

not many people seem to be able to open it in the correct code i write the chinese in.... seems that i am my only reader...lol so din tell u..
but yeh wil give u the address if u can read chinese on ur comp. ^^

Unknown 12:00 PM  

I can read chinese on comp! gif me gif me! isn't it great to have VOUCHURE? I never seem to have any >< haf to use my own money... SIGH... WELL DONE YN for shopping!! espirit too!! ha ha.. and thanks for encouraging me with your bible-reading thing... I've been really slack. not good.

Anonymous 3:35 PM  

heys... haha.... yeh... gota keep up that devotion. and yeh. alot of us are feeling dry lately.. gota pray for some motivaton, inspiration and i'm sure God will provide....
retail therapy huh? looks like ur not the only one. i went straight after my exam yesterday.. lolz.. pretty bad ya? and siew yong went shopping too.. all of us hav gone nuts! haha... ah wellz....... good for after exams! ^^
neway. see u soon ya?

SS 10:47 PM  

Oh I found your Chinese blog! :-) I can't read it nearly as fast as I can read English, though. Tell people to right click on the screen, select Encoding, and select Unicode.

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.