A morning ED episode

wasn't feeling too well last nite, and slept poorly thruout the nite.. this morning woke up feeling slightly better and thought i better go into research again... didn't realise what will happen.
when i was on the tram just felt very nauseous and dizzy.. collapsed on the tram floor, ppl was all gathering over... then in my half conscious state realised that i am at my stop... jumped up from the floor and got off the tram, only to collapse for a second time... this time reali greyed out for a while...
when i woke up again i saw heaps of ppl crowding over me... and then I saw fei fei kneeling beside me.. and i was like.. this must be a dream... then i realised it wasn't... as i become oriented again.. someone called an ambulance( which is just from RMH around the corner so very convenient) then as we were waiting for ambulance this surgeon who goes to work in rmh saw me and started to ask me some questions, after 1 minute of questioning he said i sound fine and went to work.
when ambulance came from just around the corner, 2 ladies came around to check my bp... found it was low as usual... but they said i looked fine and ambulance drove back while they walked me to the emergency department. feifei was helping me with my bags and everyone else who kindly stayed with me went to uni..
had a thorough neuro exam plus lots of bp plus an ecg performed for me in ED... found that i had nothing... so i was discharged. then came straight to radiology department to meet supervisor.. feeling quite ok now.
not anything bad or disastrous... quite interesting actually.
Fainting and then lying on the ground with rmh on ur left hand side and the melb uni med building on ur right hand side do attract lots of attention... and do ensure i receive the best immediately care. (someone i thought was even attempting first aid on me... only to discover that i was actually breathing)
and with rmh just one minute from u u noe watever u have, there is nothing to worry about.

6 comments:

Anonymous 10:03 PM  

You ain't never leaving Parkville me darling! :P - Q

Anonymous 10:04 PM  

Attempting first on you while discovering you were still breathing hahaha that is hilarious to picture.

Do you eat breakfast? - Q

Chao 1:29 PM  

u should eat more. look towards steph for inspiration haha. *she will so assault me soon*
anyways i've actually never seen a person faint in real life or experienced it myself. was it interesting? Well as long as u don't hit ur head on the way down, or collapse face first into something that blocks your breathing, it's all good. And no i'm not encouraging ppl to faint :)
Eat more yn. You need a change of lifestyle.

SS 11:15 PM  

You people telling YN to eat more have no understanding of basic physiology. From the perspective of a more senior medical student, Chao...

YN: don't eat more. Drink more. =p

Anonymous 6:48 PM  

Hope u're ok YN...it must have been scary and disorientating, esp in that busy intersection...but luckily the location meant u got the best medical care! Take care of yourself! Btw, did u have any weird dreams while u were in the land of semi-nod? hehe...hope all's well now.

Anonymous 9:54 PM  

eat more, drink more and start exercising YN!!!

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.