some reflections

autumn seems a good season for reflection... as you can tell its spring now and not autumn, but i sometimes almost feel that deep down i still operate according to a chinese calendar with chinese seasons...
finished my intensive trip to slamdunk land... still one more scene to write for my story yet i know its already ok for me to pull out of it, i no longer need my full concentration within the story itself to conjure up something. so yes after a not at all unwelcoming holiday I am happy to announce that I am back to the real world and enjoying real frnds' company.
Was inspired by angel several weeks ago when she was reading portrait of a lady, that i decided to dig up my own washington square, which i read several pages in yr 8 and then decided to give up out of pure boredom. really not bad at all, from the lines u can just really see human cruelty expressed in the subtlest ways...
Was considering buying Daniel Deronda for quite a while after watching the bbc series. among the female victorian writers i find George Eliot's perspective of life most profound and realistic. Gaskell has lots of wisdom and known of human joys, yet is much better at creating feel good comedies than expressing the inner parts of human thoughts. for the Bronte sisters i always have a strong dislike for their novels really lack the basic elements of a convincing story, rather insensitive and conceptual, and always in the end attempt to paste a seemingly happy ending of true love found, which is reali unconvincing and pathetic.
this morning went on a little search for some websites i used to frequent in high school... not websites for anyone's taste reali for me in my high school days was really into the culture of yaoiness.
just want to see what becomes of those sites, what is left there in the memory, and also reflect on how far i have walked from there since then, what i was lacking then which made me really into them the first place, and what I have found since that helped me to get rid of the habit completely.

2 comments:

Anonymous 6:37 PM  

oh goody YN!!!! Hehe, we seem to like all the same BBC series...I've got the DD book at home if you'd like to borrow it. The series was ok, not as good as Forsyte Saga. Have u noticed that those series rarely end with the boy and the girl getting together? I think its a more realistic interpretation of what happens in real life. The happy exception is Wives and Daughters...have u seen the series?

Chao 1:25 PM  

you watch english tv? ok my perception of you as a fob has just gone out the window.
I should try read high school books too...i think i would enjoy 1984 if i read it again without the pressure of having to pull some hardcore analysis essay out of my ass in 2 days.

oh btw, put on word verification under ur settings for comments.

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.