Emetic

Yesterday nite got so amazed reading about malaria... Mosquitos actually have salivary glands!!!! and gut mucosa as well!!!! to imagine such a puny little thing would have a complete set of digestive system reali amazed me... so cute!
I better stop calling them cute before Sally decides to hack me down with an axe...
Today at clinical placement.... saw a guy with a pedunculated wart on the flexor side of his arm... a realli big irregular-shaped pinky one... and it looks just like a miniature pink-skin potato........ with the strains of haemorrhage that looks like the pink skin creases... and also bits of pus coming out that look like the shoots coming out of non-fresh potatoes......
OK i better stop being graphic before everyone else decides to hack me down.....
but yeh saw a mini surgery as the doctor cuts away the wart.... and uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the base....... highlight of the day. ^0^
Dinner appetite unaffected.

4 comments:

Unknown 8:19 PM  

YN.. my highlight of the clinical placement is the shopping afterwards! I bought a top on chapel street. hehe...

Didn't see any unusual cases. a bit boring, actually. The doctor was nice enough to lend me a manual of travel medicine! hopefully that'd help me to speak up in class .... err..

Unknown 8:21 PM  

also, want to say. I agree with what you said about mosquito! I was so shocked that they have gut!!!! so cute... and this is where the gametocytes of plasmodium actually kinda 'mate' to form zygote. awwww........

SS 7:48 PM  

Oh hey, I got a mention on YN's blog!!! lalala~ =p

hmm... as long as the mosquitoes don't mate, I'll be happy...

Is your lymph node better, YN?

Sally

Anonymous 10:30 PM  

hey gurl!
sorriez didn't tell ya bout mah blog. not that many pplz kno. only those who use the same server. anyway. here it is. come visit ^^ tho it's rather boring. lol, malaria huh? hahaz, so interesting... lol.... ewl. the description on the wart was a little... o.O" but i seen worse. like this pic they showed of a hookworm (i think) and yeh... let's not go into details... gross is all i gota say! ok lah. cya at youth tomoro!

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.