On the Da Vinci Code....

I had wanted to talk about da vinci for ages.... Now finally decided to put it up my blog.
But firstly a bit about my life in the past 2 days or so.... caught up with old friends sherlock and watson... haven't seen them in a while since exam... start to miss them heaps... but yup... watched some sherlock vcds... and had a great time with them. *eyes full of affection... and everyone else just got freaked out and ran away*
Had reali quality prayer time for the past 2 days... prayer has been poor for the past week or so... reali bad... but since yesterday when i actually got down to my knees and said: God, I want to have this time talking to u!!! Prayer has just been such a great time, and 2day i can just feel my life is so enriched by the praying, and closeness with God. PTL!
And had quality med time 2... (although finally finishing 5 pages of innate immunity after 2 whole weeks is reali nothing to boast...haha) but when He blessed me with good time to do a bit med reading... I will thank Him.
Had a good msn talk with max. ^^ so many times we seem both busy and can hardly talk for long... but 2day we had reali quality time. Thanx so much Max for being this loving and funi sister in Christ. Love u heaps! ^0^
Well about Da Vinci... during this year when i visit bookshops i hav always realised that it is very popular. Then later in the year one of my friend in Shanghai recommended it to me saying its such a brilliant book. and i was like... rite...international success... So during the hols i decided to read it, after another recommendation from Kolin on his blog. ^^
And my opinion... it is a bad book. Not only from a Christian perspective, even treating it as a normal thriller the plot is hollow, the characters superficial, bad guy too obvious, and the cliff-hangers too bland and unintelluctual...
Now the question remains: why is it so popular? Why is it top of the best seller list? Why do so many people think it is such a good book? And why is da vinci way more popular than angels and demons while the latter is obviously a better book?
Of course having read angels and demons b4 da vinci can influence my opinion... since i mite be thinking its the same old trick again while if i read it 1st i mite be intrigued by the style of the puzzles.
So wat is in da vinci which we don't see that much in angels and demons? Popular sensationalism... I really cannot think of any other explanations.
And to think such cheap sensationalism can appeal to so big an international audience is indeed quite disturbing... even more disturbing is ppl actually believing the fiction as the truth.
Well me included i guess... i remember myself reading to the middle of the book.... and stared in horror for at least 5 mins wondering WAT IF all this is true???
I do not want to sound harsh on a public blog... but the popularity... is definitely Satan's work... I cannot tone that comment down or suggest something else less harsh.
But God's wisdom can help us to understand the absurdity of it.. and help us to stay close to the truth. 2 Corithians 2:11 in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.
Found so many good articles on Christianity Today about the Da Vinci code.... and one thing i reali find true: The untruth can never cover up the truth no matter how influential it gets.
And i am glad i hav read the book... now i know how much i need to pray for my friend in Shanghai... who never heard the gospel fully and who would just take the book as the absolute truth... and how many ppl there r in this world who r like her..
And we can pray... for our faith is not blind, its not based on a married man and his wife trying to gain political power. Our God is a God COMPLETELY worthy of our faith.
Those interested can visit this site for materials on the truth of Da Vinci Code:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/special/davincicode.html
(sori.. yn just too lazy to add a link....^^)
To Kolin: if u r still checking my boring blog now and then.. and see this... i hope u r not offended by any of the things i say. Any comment or disagreement welcome... ^^



1 comments:

SS 10:30 AM  

All this stuff on the Da Vinci code sounds interesting. I'm interested in reading it, so I'll actually be qualified to have an opinion!

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.