Strangeness

2day going to life witness course again! and Carrie is going with me this time, and we r going to hav dina in box hill. YaY!
2nd blog post of the day... lol now something else that has been on my mind and still feeling confused..
About telling people that i am a Christian... i guess for me no matter who i meet by the time we talked for 10mins they would definitely have known... But what happens when people ask me: So how did u become a Christian?
Tie in with Sally's marriage analogy... of course u tell people yes i am married... but what about when people ask u so tell me ur love story with ur husband?
yesterday had a very long msn convo with someone i met on the wedding... and 20 min into the convo he was asking: so how did u become a Christian?
For some reason i was feeling very strange about it... although i readily told him the whole story i can almost sense a reluctance deep down...
He was a Christian, and friend of some of my close friends, so why did i feel so reluctant? And when i thought about it afterwards, more strange is that:
i know that ONLY IF HE IS A NON CHRISTIAN... AND ASKED THAT QUESTION... I WOULD HAVE BEEN SO READY TO INITIATE A FULL ESSAY TO ANSWER IT.
Now why was that? i am still very confused.
Thinking it over.... i dun think i even told sally the detailed story of how i become a Christian, or asked for her story either....
Am i being too secretive about how i come to love God? then how come most of my non-Christian friends would prob have heard me talking about it over and over?
strange... still very strange..

2 comments:

SS 9:45 AM  

I can sort of understand what you're saying, Yi-Ning. I have experienced that before too, I think - sometimes when I tell my story to Christians I subconsciously think it's somehow inadequate compared to their story, as it was a gradual process, no sudden realisations or revelations, things like that... and also as I don't know many Christians that became so in the same way that I did... but I remember though one sermon at church that helped me a LOT, and it was a passage from the gospels on how Jesus called these four disciples, each a different way... and each way is just as significant as the others...

YN 8:27 PM  

Thanx sally.. i think there is a bit of that too... and perhaps also pride--why r u interrogating me? if u are not my mentor wats that got to do with u? LOL definitely something to pray about.

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.