sibling fights....

lots of thoughts in the past 2 days... but didn't hav time to put them down... and now i either forgot wat i was going to say... or no longer in the mood of it.. *sob sob sob..... wa........*
working again 2moro... then my student called... and needed more help so organised a time with him 2moro nite.. hopefully my mind will stil be functioning at the time.. me tutoring physics... madness absolute madness....
at work i always have this horrid fascination about disruptive and demanding kids.. 2day saw 2 brothers.. one 3ish the other 5ish?? the mum was buying a plate of food.. and got 2 forks...... so sharing with one of the kid??? not too sure.. but the younger one start to protest so loudly.. a face so bitter crying... and the older one was grabbing onto the food... refusing the younger one to touch.. then the younger one got physical and start to pull and hit the older bro.. and the older bro blocked the plate of food with his body... with a face so selfishly crossed... the mum has to get the plate and hold it high up... i reali think a life with 2 kids like that is living hell....
man i just love to see their faces so angry and bitter... with "me me me" all written over it.. *sigh i am so twisted am i?* ^^
being the only child i never knew wats it like to have siblings and have sibling fights... i dunno.. did all of u who hav bro and sis have such fights when u were young???
when ppl ask me the qn: if u can choose to have a sibling wat would u like? (which is quite often) i have my planned answers....
my first pref is older sis. ^0^ always feel close with friends who r older female...especially shanghainese friends... i stil rem the time when i got a mentor from Christian Union... Mary.... who is fellow med.. fellow ex-plcer... shanghainese. and really nice and caring... *yn's tears stream down like seaweed* so from the very start i just got close with her... of course, it was like 'dream come true'! ^0^
2nd pref younger bro.. *weird choice heh?* lol that comes from my plc friend carrie.. who always talk about her funny bro.. and from also my cousin... so immature... 1 month into uni.... one day home he told his mum how many girls try to chat up to him.. and send him mushy sms.. then his mum told my dad about it.. then my dad told me.. and i was like laughing till my stomach was in pain..
dunno why... just think a younger bro like that is so adorable...
dunno wat to decide btw younger sis and older bro... just felt it reali scary if younger sis get competitive.. and older bro won't reali care about u or family once he has a gf....
yes... i will dream on.......hahah....

3 comments:

yi wei 11:54 PM  

Wow...u tutoring physics...haha...an engineering student like me wud not feel confident to do it also...=P

talking abt siblings...i have all, except a younger sis...younger bro, elder sis, elder bro....haha..

Can't remember whether we always fought for things or not...at least i can't remember i fought for anything...

coz my eldest sis, elder bro and me...each of us only 2 years apart...so, my mum spend most of her time with my elder bro and my dad took care of me while i was young...wat i know is that my sis was very jealous then of my elder bro that she did things that are evil(she tried to push my elder bro down the stairs when she was abt 4 yrs old!!!)....
Anyway, not all kids are that possessive and selfish and demand for attention...i can't remember myself or my older bro having that problem...but of course, we do fight occasionally last time...esp while we were both in our early teens...
One thing good abt having bro and sis when u were young is that you have playmates...my younger bro always complains to us that he don't have playmates...coz his age gap with us is too big...
remember that my elder bro and sis and I always hang out together and play like crazy..part of our childhood development, i guess...
if u see all of us now, u'll see that we know one another so much and that we care for one another...basically, it's a really good fellowship and bond that exist betw us...
and for my parents, they see that the sacrifices they made for us are worth it...coz they feel proud of the kids they have brought up...and my parents' sense of achievement is really in all their children...where we all grow up to be successful individuals in society...
so, prob it's not a bad thing after all...
haha...one thing i think u've missed out is having a twin sister or bro! The relationships are so much different then, yah?? =) DREAM ON!

FLuFFy_BuG 2:40 PM  

hey ;p yeh, i have a younger brother... only 14 months diff, so yeh, we're pretty close!!! i guess we did have some fights, but that was rare, coz i definitely used to be the bossy one and would normally get my way, but my brother was always very good about being conciliatory... i think one of the things my cousin said to me is pretty true - i used to get envious because i thought my brother was favoured by my parents...

whatever there was back then though, as we grew up, we have always had more closeness and understanding than tension and rivalry... - now and then, there is still a sense of tension, and part of this is because we don't share the same belief... it can be very hard for me sometimes to get him to understand what God means to me... i hope this can change...

but overall, we get on pretty well with one another...

yn, i wonder whether ur last comment about the elder brother ignoring family has anything to do with me?!? - my view - i hope i'm not really ignoring my family... but your comment may truly apply to me, though...

anywayz, better go now... ;p keep up the thought-filled blogs!!!

God bless,
dave

Anonymous 1:12 PM  

Yeah. Kids can be really selfish. And they don't actually become less selfish as they get older. They just learn to hide it better.

Why would you want a younger brother like that? - who thinks that they're the centre of the universe, and sees conquest of girls' attentions as sport?

The resident cynic

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.