Simple joy

I was working the other day at night, then this family with a little boy came and looked at the takeaway food. The boy was 8-9, looked plump with adorable cheeks.... He was a bit confused and scared of all the unknown asian food and looked very silent and reluctant when his dad asked him what does he like 2 eat... After some discussion....the dad came up to buy a plate of food 1st for his son... after giving him the plateful over the counter, i bend down to grab a fork... and as I look up again... the little boy was holding onto the plate of food.... with his face beaming into one of the sweetest smiles I have seen in my life!!!! SOOOOOOO....cute!!! I got all happy just seeing him being happy about the food... and because of that i scooped extra to his parents' plates... ^^
As we grow older... our desires are upgraded as we want bigger and more complicated things. Although we grab at food when we r hungry and get a feeling of satisfaction when we placify our cravings(eg. chocolating)we prob have already lost the sense of happiness when we eat our food. We just don't c it as something we should be happy about.
My friends, if u r a Christian, say the grace at the table with a truly joyful and thankful heart. And to all of u... smile and be happy when u eat your food, and when your make your food. ^0^

1 comments:

Anonymous 11:13 PM  

Very well said YN, I totally agree. By the way, everyday I look forward to reading your messages, they are so well-written. Concise and poignant yet gentle. If I were to show it to someone else they might ask if I had gotten it out of a book, it's that good! - YQ

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.